Behind The Mask


Photo Courtesy : Behind the Mask
 
I wonder of the person cuddled up behind every face I see, behind every smile I glance at, a smile practiced over a mirror wall, apparent only to those who observe. I wonder of their story, their knowledge, their experiences… I wonder of who they really are, how they think, what they like and don’t like… I wonder because every time I look at them, it is not what I see, it is not content nor appreciation of self and I get afraid, afraid that we are all lost…lost from ourselves.

We cannot change the people around us or how they perceive us, nor can we change them or who they are, for the only person who can save you, is you, and that is exclusive of no one. Every time we wait for someone else to save us, we waste every other opportunity to save ourselves because we think of them to look after us not knowing they have themselves to fetch for first. They are also human… they are also as weak as you are and as strong as you can be and if you are waiting for them, they might as well be waiting for you.

I know how hard it is to find yourself.. I know how difficult it gets when you have to choose over your friends, or hold on to one that is no good for you… I get how tiring it is to keep up with circle demands over you, over your time, over who you really are, but the more we keep excusing ourselves from making that one move that will transform our lives for the better, the more it will eat on you and lock you in a place where not even your body you have control of…lock the real you…and before you know it, we lose who we truly are…we thus become, Lost.

Desperation. Every time I look at one I see desperation…soo engraved into them that the slightest compliment sways their reason…soo engraved that they try out questionable wear, they put on pounds of trouble called make up…soo engraved that they are ready to shred away what’s left of them all because they are lost, because they have traded their likes and dislikes, their favorites, their personality all to keep up with their circles and demands of the alleged free world and society as they lock up who they are and throw away the key….

Thus I wonder who they are, of the person cuddled up behind every face I see, behind every smile I glance at, a smile practiced over a mirror wall, apparent only to those who observe… I give you a hammer, and I take one for myself…Now it is all up to you to break that lock and let yourself out of the hole of a home society puts you in and I ask you to be yourself again, because once upon a time, when you had but just mastered walking, you were truly and bluntly, your true self…your Self Behind The Mask   

Ps. Be your true self and the right people will find you. So never be in a hurry to find the right people, be yourself and you will attract your likes. #Time_to_take_off #The_Mask

Comments

Popular Posts